Are you creative? Do you generate a lot of content? If you answered yes, LaCie has the drive to store all that content, as well as streamline your workflow. The LaCie d2, available in 6TB, 8TB, and 10TB capacities, features dual Thunderbolt™ 3 ports and a single USB 3.1 port. The d2 offers data-transfer rates up to 240 MB/s. In addition to enhanced data-transfer rates, the LaCie d2’s dual Thunderbolt 3 ports allow you to daisy-chain dual 4K displays, a single 5K display, or up to six total d2 drives, giving you the ability to truly streamline your workflow. If daisy-chaining your devices wasn’t enough, you can even power your laptop using the USB Type-C port found on the back of the LaCie d2.
Not only is the Neil-Poulton-designed LaCie d2 aesthetically pleasing, it is durable, too, because it is constructed from a single sheet of aluminum. Operating noise has also been held to a minimum, thanks to the whisper-quiet fan, to avoid disturbing colleagues even when pushing your drive to the max.
The LaCie d2 houses a Seagate BarraCuda Pro enterprise-class drive. This 7200-rpm drive is designed for use in a 24/7 operating environment, to ensure the LaCie d2 is both functional and reliable for a long time to come.
- BarraCuda Pro Dependability
- The LaCie d2 features a Seagate BarraCuda Pro enterprise-class drive for enhanced reliability and performance.
- Thunderbolt 3: Power and Versatility
- From a single port, you get enhanced bandwidth with the versatility of the USB-C industry standard. For the LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 3, the result is performance up to 240 MB/s for creative workflows, wide compatibility, and time-saving device configurations.
- Faster transfers mean less time moving files from camera cards into Adobe Lightroom-and more time filling camera cards with new photos and footage.
- Laptop Charging
- It's even possible to power a compatible laptop through a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 or USB 3.1) port. That's one less cable cluttering up your desktop.
- Daisy Chaining
- Thanks to dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can daisy chain dual 4K displays, a single 5K display, or six LaCie d2 drives, all through a single cable connected to your computer.
- Forged from a single sheet of aluminum, the enclosure provides uncommon rigidity for long-term durability.
- The whisper-quiet fan and heat-dissipating aluminum enclosure pull heat away from the HDD, keeping it running fast and healthy.
- Whether you have a PC or a Mac, with USB-C, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 3, or Thunderbolt 2, this drive is compatible.
Adapter required for use with Thunderbolt 2
LaCie STFY6000400 Specs
|Interface||2 x Thunderbolt 3
1 x USB 3.1
|Max Data Transfer Rate||240 MB/s|
|System Requirements||• Computer with a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 or USB 3.1) or USB Type-A port
• Latest version of Mac OS X 10.12 and later / Latest version of Windows 8 and later (Windows 10 or later required for Thunderbolt 3)
• Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
|Dimensions||8.54 x 2.36 x 5.12" / 217 x 60 x 130 mm|
|Weight||4.85 lb / 2.20 kg|